Thursday, July 9, 2020

SPACEHAWK art!


I'm trying something new! I love reading old, public domain comics, and I often wish I had a cool shirt or two. Not a mere old panel on product, but something actually DESIGNED. So, I decided to make a few myself and place them on TeePublic. I uploaded my first one. This artwork is based on various Spacehawk comics by Basil Wolverton. His early work is fantastic! You should buy a shirt, or tote bag, or such, just because his stuff is great! (And it helps support me!) For the first 3 days, it's only $14 for a shirt as compared to the normal $20. CLICK HERE!

EDIT: I just got a comment that about WHERE can you read these public domain comics? I love the DIGITAL COMIC MUSEUM site. Spacehawk appeared in Targent Comics #1 and continued for several issues. If you'd like to shell out a few bucks, Fantagraphics has a great book reprinting visually-cleaned-up versions of all the stories. I did not use the art from their book for my shirt. Thier labor is their own. I created my own from original sources.

Just for fun, I'll present a randomly-picked story right here in my blog! From Target Comics #8, SPACEHAWK and the Vulture Men from the Void!  Click on each to enlarge--











5 comments:

John Golden said...

Can you link to any of the public domain Spacehawk comics? I am pretty willing to take your word that they're great, but I'm curious, too.

Kerry Callen said...

Great question. I just added to my original post. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

FUN STUFF ! THANKS !

(and there were telectroscopes )

Yocitrus said...

Thanks for giving DCM a plug Kerry.
I just learned of your blog. Love all the work you've been doing!

BTW, DCM has it's own 'The Complete Spacehawk Collection' that I'm very proud of helping to produce. It's up for reading at the following two links:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=33946
https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=33948

Take care,
-Yoc
DCM Staffer

Kerry Callen said...

Thank YOU, Yoc!! I recognize your name from some of the book scans. DCM is one of my very favorite things!