Saturday, July 13, 2024

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I've gotten behind on posting new work. The good thing about that is I can share this Scarlet Witch (done in 2023) and the Vision companion piece (done in 2024) together! Both requested by the same person. I'm told they share a wall space.


Next, the Metal Men! I crack myself up by putting Tin in a super-serious Iron Man/superhero pose, with a crinkled fist. Black ink on Bristol board, plus digital color and signed print.

It's always interesting when a person enjoys a TV show or movie and sends me a commission request to turn it into a fake comic cover. In the case, Killing Eve!

The next commission reminds me of a political cartoon. If you don't know the history of the name "Captain Marvel," just know the name became in Public Domain in the 60's. Previously owned by Fawett/DC, Marvel snatched it up. This saddened readers who had an attachment to the Golden Age character from the 40's-50's.

I'm not an expert on the subject. I merely drew the commission requested by a Golden Age fan. (And yes, the "Circle C" technically should have been a "TM." It's a bit of an oops, but I like this visual better.)

JSA Deja Vu! A few months ago, I completed a commission based on an All Star cover (seen here), with Wonder Woman added. I then received a different request to remove WW and add Wildcat. It also has a different logo and a few other minor tweaks. I completely redrew/recolored it.

1 comment:

DJ Strosh said...

I just love the Scarlet Witch and Vision pieces. Very innovative. They actually appear to be popping right off of the page! Absolutely amazing!