Monday, March 22, 2010

What's Your Brotherhood Quotient?

(I almost didn't make this post. I've always been caught between "ignoring old attitudes of the past" and "never ignoring old attitudes of the past.")

I recently bought an issue of The Brave and the Bold #65, from 1966.


I enjoy old comics partly because of the ads, but I didn't expect to find anything like the following "public service" page. Click to enlarge, if you wish...


The most astounding section has got to be Section A.


Got give 'em credit for trying, I suppose. Still, something in me really wants to make fun of how random it feels...


2 comments:

Warren Ludwig said...

Oh, man. Makes me wonder if in '66, DC stood for "Definitely Caucasian" comics. Well, they were tryin' to change things, I guess. Here's another spin...do you think they had a "Sisterhood Week", too?

Anonymous said...

I thought for a second Grodd was DJing!