Monday, March 21, 2016

Marvel's Black Panther Gif

All longtime comic readers have certain notable panels that stick in their memories forever. I have several, and one of them is my first exposure to the Black Panther from 1975's Giant-Size Fantastic Four #5. I've taken the liberty of creating an animated gif of it. Yes, it's subtle, but it warms my heart. I was a kid when this was published (it was a reprint of Fantastic Four Annual #5 from 1967) and I've loved the character ever since. Here's the full page--


Oh Jack, you so Kirby! I reread it countless times. I didn't have many comics growing up. I'm super-excited to see BP on the big screen this Summer!

This issue also made me a fan of Black Bolt, and to a greatly lesser degree, Psycho-Man.


4 comments:

joe c said...

That reminds me of a funny tweet from the Ben Grimm account: he was at the Oscars and thought he saw Psycho Man, but it was just Mickey Rourke with an iPhone.

Zazoo Pitts said...

Mmmmm... Hand Slam.

Make new friends said...

Very interesting post

Dewaine Farria said...

Great post (and GIF).