Monday, June 15, 2015

Cross Panel Comics #8

Wow, it's been a while since my son and I created one of these. It's a game we play that's a mix of improv, scrabble, and comic creation. We do it in pencil and then I ink it for better readability. For a longer explanation of Cross Panel Comics, click here.

Martin begin this one with the strip starting with, "I'm still not sure about this." Click to enlarge...

We do it to amuse ourselves, but they're always fun to share! To see all our Cross Panel Comics, click here!

6 comments:

John Golden said...

Love these. Thinking about using them in a math class - great at connecting related lines of thought. Do you have any sense of the order you went in to make it? So I'm not sure about turn taking. Are the green Martin's and blue Kerry's? Do you have to connect to an already drawn square? (I know you could do it anyway, but restrictions breed creativity.) Thanks if you have the time to reply!

Unknown said...

This is such an interesting format. It's satisfying to read even a few frames at at time, and invites revisiting. And it feels just the way many teenagers' mind work. (which is a good thing, as seeing thinks from many angles is useful I am going to print this out for my daughter as see if it inspires her. It inspires me.

Kerry Callen said...

John-- Your assumptions are correct. We just finished another one (but I still need to ink it). I'll include a small gif on my next post to show what order the strips appeared.

Paula-- Your "it feels just the way many teenagers' mind work" line made me laugh.

Agent Double O Soul said...

Great game! i love it and i wanna steal it!... sorry english is not my native tongue. I meant to say... i wanna steal it!

Tlhago M Sejosengoe said...

Hello, Kerry.

Thank you for doing these again. I am a fan of this site, and I am amused.

Enthusiasm Quotes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.